These prime 10 tales throughout the nation’s newspapers would possibly curiosity you.
1. APC: Bankole, Badaru, Boroffice withdraw from presidential race, pledge assist for Tinubu
The previous Speaker of the Home of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, and two different aspirants on Tuesday pulled out of the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential race for former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu. Read more
2. Court docket upholds Odii, drops Ogba as Ebonyi PDP guber candidate
A Federal Excessive Court docket sitting in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State has upheld the first election of the Individuals’s Democratic Get together (PDP) in Ebonyi State that produced Dr Ifeanyi Odii because the get together’s candidate. Read more
3. Announcement of Lawan as consensus candidate was a media creation —APC
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has clarified the studies concerning the imposition of Senate Chairman, Ahmad Lawan, because the get together’s presidential candidate by its Nationwide Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu. Read more
4. APC CONVENTION: Bakare calls for new order, hopeful to change into Nigeria’s sixteenth president
The Founding father of the Citadel World Neighborhood Church, Tunde Bakare, declared on Tuesday he wouldn’t step down for any aspirant within the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential race. Read more
5. 2023: PDP prices governorship candidates to reconcile with defeated aspirants
The Nationwide Chairman of Peoples Democratic Get together (PDP), Iyorchia Ayu, on Tuesday urged the get together’s governorship candidates to reconcile with defeated aspirants earlier than the 2023 governorship elections. Read more
Learn additionally: Top 10 stories from across Nigerian Newspapers, Tuesday June 7th 2022
6. NGX: Shareholders make N99.4bn as funding in UAC Nigeria, others develop
Traders within the Nigerian capital market smiled house with N99.4billion on Tuesday following the expansion of their complete funding by 0.34 p.c on the shut of the day’s enterprise. Read more
7. Bureaux De Change operators provide to finish a number of change charges as Naira sells for N615/$1
The President of the Affiliation of Bureaux De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), Aminu Gwadabe, mentioned on Tuesday his members would assist the Central Financial institution of Nigeria (CBN) to regulate the motion of the international change charges. Read more
8. Northern coalition slams Okada ban by Lagos govt, says it’s focused at northerners
The Coalition of Northern Teams has issued an announcement condemning the Lagos State Authorities’s steady seizure and destruction of Okada bikes, claiming that the operation targets northern operators and was thus “completely unacceptable.” Read more
9. B’Haram terrorists on rampage in Borno, abduct passengers, set vans of meals, petrol tanker on hearth
Whereas the eye of Nigerians have been diverted to the assault on the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State, terrorists of the dreaded Boko Haram sect had been on the rampage on Monday alongside the Damaturu-Biu street and the Maiduguri-Bama street in Borno State the place scores of passengers had been kidnapped. Read more
10. Nigeria vs Sierra Leone AFCON qualifier to be performed behind closed doorways
The Nigeria Soccer Federation has reiterated that Thursday’s 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying encounter between the Tremendous Eagles and the Leone Stars of Sierra Leone on the MKO Abiola Nationwide Stadium, Abuja can be performed with out followers within the stands. Read more
Be a part of the dialog
Help Ripples Nigeria, maintain up options journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism pushed by information comes at enormous monetary prices.
As a media platform, we maintain management accountable and won’t commerce the precise to press freedom and free speech for a chunk of cake.
When you like what we do, and are able to uphold options journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria trigger.
Your assist would assist to make sure that residents and establishments proceed to have free entry to credible and dependable data for societal growth.